- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- In a large bowl, beat the almond paste and sugars until crumbly. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to almond mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Place pine nuts in a shallow bowl. Working one at a time, with greased hands, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into pine nuts. Place cookies nut side up 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 15-17 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on baking sheets before carefully removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pine Nut Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p67
Reviews for Pine Nut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review