Pine Nut and Cranberry Rice Pilaf Recipe
Juicy cranberries and crunchy pine nuts easily dress up rice in this special side dish. The subtle flavors make it an appropriate accompaniment to many entrees.
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Add the broth, mushrooms, cranberries, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir in parsley; sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4-5 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC