- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the broth, mushrooms, cranberries, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in parsley; sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Reviews for Pine Nut and Cranberry Rice Pilaf
"I made this for my christmas dinner and it was a big hit i made again for a formal dinner party but I added pineapple bits instead of the pine nuts it was even better."
"We've made this several times since Christmas 2009 and the whole family loves it!"