- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the broth, mushrooms, cranberries, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in parsley; sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Rice Pilaf in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007 , p57
Reviews for Pine Nut and Cranberry Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2010
"We've made this several times since Christmas 2009 and the whole family loves it!"