- 2-1/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1-1/2 cups light rum
- 5 cups crushed ice
- Pineapple wedges
- In a 2-qt. pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, cream of coconut and rum. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- For each serving, place a generous cup of rum mixture and 1 cup ice in a blender. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a chilled hurricane or highball glass.
- To garnish each serving, cut a 1-in. slit into the tip of a pineapple wedge; position wedge on rim of glass. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Pina Coladas
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. have used it many times during the holidays and parties. you can cut down the rum if you want, but I love the freshness of this drink."
"<p>Not what I expected. Not sweet enough and way too much rum and that was using 1/2 of what was called for! Texture is what saved this one. Now how to fix this so I can drink it???</p> NOTE: I added to 2 cups base and 2 cups ice, 4 generous scoops vanilla ice cream and about 2 tbsp sugar. Now it's decent. Will keep tweaking this one until I get the Jamaican Pina Colada I'm looking for!"