Pina Colada Zucchini Bread Recipe
At my husband's urging, I entered this recipe at the Pennsylvania Farm Show- and won first place! I think you'll love the cake-like texture and tropical flavors." Sharon Rydbom Tipton, Pennsylvania
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon each coconut, rum and vanilla extracts
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
- 1. Line the bottoms of three greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Gently remove waxed paper. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 225 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC