Pina Colada Slush
"For a special treat on a steamy day, try this fruity cooler," suggests Vernal, Utah's Alisa Allred. "I first had it when I was pregnant. It really hit the spot that summer—and ever since! I’m asked to bring it to family gatherings all year long, so I always keep a batch or two in my freezer…just to be prepared."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Crystal Light lemonade drink mix
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, water, pina colada mix,
- lime juice and soft drink mix; stir until drink mix is dissolved.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. freezer container. Freeze for 6 hours or
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. For each serving,
- combine 1/2 cup slush mixture with 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda. Yield:
- 12 servings (3 quarts).
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Crystal Light lemonade soft drink mix.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 115 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.