"For a special treat on a steamy day, try this fruity cooler," suggests Vernal, Utah's Alisa Allred. "I first had it when I was pregnant. It really hit the spot that summer—and ever since! I’m asked to bring it to family gatherings all year long, so I always keep a batch or two in my freezer…just to be prepared."
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Crystal Light lemonade drink mix
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, water, pina colada mix, lime juice and soft drink mix; stir until drink mix is dissolved. Transfer to a 2-qt. freezer container. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. For each serving, combine 1/2 cup slush mixture with 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Pina Colada Slush in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p33
Reviews for Pina Colada Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review