Pina Colada Pudding Cups Recipe
Betty May of Topeka, Kansas shares her recipe for a “dessert that is so simple but chock-full of refreshing pineapple and coconut flavor. A nice light treat after a big meal with make-ahead convenience for busy hostesses.” —
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, whipped topping and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and extract.
- 2. Spoon 3/4 cup pudding mixture into eight dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- 3. Sprinkle each serving with 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut and top each with a cherry. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 171 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC