Pina Colada Molded Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Pineapple chunks and freshly shredded coconut, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cream of coconut, sour cream, soda and reserved pineapple juice. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the flaked coconut, nuts and reserved pineapple. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve, unmold salad onto a platter. Fill the center with pineapple chunks and shredded coconut if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pina Colada Molded Salad(8)
Sort By :
I made this salad exactly as the recipe stated and it was the nicest salad that I have ever made. It came out of the mold perfectly and the taste was wonderful. I filled the middle with cool whip and added mandarin oranges for color. I will make this many times more.
I love Pineapple & Coconut Cream! This recipe is a BIG TICK for me! Thanks ??
Great recipe, but I will use lemon gelatin and the juice from the pineapple can.
This can also be made with lemon jello rather than the unflavored (or sugar free lemon jello to save a few calories). It saves some time and effort that way. Just dissolve the jello, using the juice if you wish, as you would for any gelatin salad and then continue with step two.
Karway 44 very clever ideas will use them this weekend when I make this for a party. Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad >
- Jello Salad Recipes >