Pina Colada Molded Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Pineapple chunks and freshly shredded coconut, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cream of coconut, sour cream, soda and reserved pineapple juice. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the flaked coconut, nuts and reserved pineapple. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve, unmold salad onto a platter. Fill the center with pineapple chunks and shredded coconut if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pina Colada Molded Salad(3)
Sort By :
Very blah tasting even after adding extra coconut flavoring. Maybe a pineapple gelatin would help rather than an unflavored gelatin, or a flavored yogurt would add taste.
I took this salad to an office potluck, although I did not use a mold, and it was a hit, with many people asking for the recipe. Now I plan to take the salad to a retirement party for the judge I worked for--so glad the recipe was easy to retrieve online! Pina Colada is a favorite flavor of mine and this salad is so good!
I had this at a Christmas brunch and at first people were passing it by. But once someone tasted it and raved about it, it was a huge hit. My whole family loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad >
- Jello Salad Recipes >