Pina Colada Macadamia Pies Recipe
I first made this dessert for my husband who enjoys all things Hawaii—especially pina coladas and macadamia nuts. Refreshing, light, and different, these personalized tarts are a taste of the tropics. —Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
- 35 vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) pina colada yogurt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted
- Fresh pineapple wedges
- 1. Place wafers and macadamia nuts in a food processor. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add coconut and butter; cover and pulse until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of five greased 5-in. pie pans. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Transfer pie pans to a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add pineapple juice. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 4. In a large bowl, stir cream of coconut until blended. Stir in yogurt. Add gelatin mixture and pour into crusts. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over filling. Sprinkle with nuts and garnish with pineapple. Yield: 5 mini pies.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC