Pina Colada Jam
If you like pina coladas, you’ll love this! But here’s the kicker: The secret ingredient is fresh zucchini. Because this jam is so unexpectedly delicious, we challenge you to try it in a radical new way. Tell us what you think! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
56 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pineapple gelatin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- In a Dutch oven, combine the sugar, zucchini, pineapple and lime
- juice. Bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and extract until gelatin is
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cool
- completely before covering with lids. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks
- or freeze for up to 1 year. Yield: 3-1/2 pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.