Pina Colada Jam
If you like pina coladas, you’ll love this! But here’s the kicker: The secret ingredient is fresh zucchini. Because this jam is so unexpectedly delicious, we challenge you to try it in a radical new way. Tell us what you think! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
56 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pineapple gelatin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Rinse seven 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar, zucchini, pineapple and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from
- heat; stir in gelatin and extract until gelatin is dissolved.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off
- top edges of containers. Cool completely before covering with lids.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in
- refrigerator before serving. Yield: 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.