During a cookout with friends, I forgot about dessert. I had a fresh pineapple and coconut, so I improvised. Now I grill pineapple at every cookout. —Josee Lanzi, New Port Richey, FL
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, lemon peel and extract. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. In a small bowl, combine oil and cinnamon. Brush over both sides of pineapple slices.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Place pineapple on dessert plates. Top with whipped topping mixture; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pina Colada Grilled Pineapple in Grill It Bookazine 2016, pn
Reviews for Pina Colada Grilled Pineapple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review