- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Thinly sliced fresh mint
- For dressing, mix first five ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Place fruit in a large bowl; toss gently with dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If desired, top with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pina Colada Fruit Salad
"I used fresh pineapple chunks, 9 oz. Pina Colada mix and 4 oz. Coconut Rum. I added no juice. It has a great flavor. We made a meal of just the fruit. Thank you."
"i used fresh pineapple chunks and 1/2 can of the pc mix and 1/2 the sugar as well - mixed it all up and let it chill overnite in the fridge... so much better the next day - I served it over angel or plane pound cake and cool whip - so yum! next time I make this will add some mango!"
"Sounds great - Looking at the picture - what are the greens I see?"
"Needs a splash of rum"
"Made this for the fourth, it was a big hit. Thank's for the recipe. LeeAnn Treacher Elkhart,In"
"Too much liquid for the amount of ingredients. Second time I made it, I eliminated the pina colada mix and orange juice. I did add an apple, banana, cantaloupe and sprinkled lime juice over the salad with a sprinkle of kosher salt. It worked for us. Next day the juices from the fruit came out and was just as good. The lime juice helped the apples and bananas from turning brown. I guess it's a completely different recipe."
"I thought this was a bit too sweet and the Pina Colada tasted fake. Since it was so sweet already I didn't add the extra sugar. My guests enjoyed it though. Maybe it is better when it sets as I see someone said in their review."
"Great idea using the pina colada mix! Going to try this this weekend!!"
"I found that there was enough syrup to allow me to double the fruit. Also, blueberries weren't in season so I substituted blackberries that were this weeks grocery special. Would be great with either fruit."
"Even better the second day"