Pina Colada Cheesecake Recipe
- 15 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- Edible blossoms, optional
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and coconut; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the cream of coconut, milk and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Thinly slice pineapple; arrange on cheesecake. Warm apple jelly; brush over pineapple. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, garnish with blossoms if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 448 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Pina Colada Cheesecake
"Excellent, I made it for my niece's bridal shower and everyone left with the recipe!"
"Cheesecakes are my specialty. Trust me, it doesn't get any tastier than this one. Follow the directions exactly as written. JUST INCREDIBLE!"
"Sounds yummy! Will this work for a mini cheesecake version?"
"Crust was very good and easy to make. Served to guests and they loved it. The pineapple on top was good, not sure what the apple jelly was for- couldn't taste it at all."
"I getting ready to make it....what do Uthink of using pineapple perserves inplace of apple ?"
"I have made this cheese cake every Christmas and it is a big hit."
"Is there a MakeOver recipe for this Cheese Cake?"
"This was my first try at a homemade cheesecake. It was a huge hit."
"I've never hear of cream of coconut..."
"I did not have pineapple so I used fresh strawberry slices, very good. Can't wait to try it with pineapple. I added 1/4 teaspoon rum extract & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. I may add a little coconut extract to the filling next time-1/4 teaspoon each rum, coconut & vanilla. The crust was heavenly! Thanks for sharing!"
"This is the BEST cheesecake that will ever touch your lips!!!! This was my first time using a springform pan and it turned out perfectly. However, I used Vanilla Extract instead of Rum Extract ... and 4 T. of melted butter instead of 3 T. (for the crust). I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on the coconut before toasting and it was delicious! I toasted extra coconut and sprinkled on the top of the cheesecake using pineapple tibdits instead of slices. You won't be disappointed with this cheesecake! My brother said it was the best he'd ever tasted -- even better than the Cheesecake Factory!"
"First cheesecake I ever made and it was AWESOME! Making 2 more for the in-laws!"