- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, eggs and rum; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup confectioners' sugar and pineapple juice; brush over warm cake. Cool cake completely.
- In another bowl, mix cream of coconut, rum and remaining confectioners' sugar; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pina Colada Bundt Cake
"Yes, it was a moist cake, but it crumbled when cutting it. I thought that 1 cup of oil seemed like too much. I would be tempted to cut down on the oil, if I tried the recipe again."
"We LOVE this cake!! It is moist and delicious. The only problem I have is that it crumbles when I cut it -- but, not because it is dry -- maybe because of the pineapple? Does anyone else have this problem?"
"Whole family loved it and especially raved about how moist it was."
"****1/2 Stars. Tasted Good. I was wondering if they used dark Rum? I used Bacardi White. Could not find the brand of Cream of Coconut but local liquor store had COCO REAL. Had some problem with getting crushed pineapple disbursed evenly. Otherwise a beautiful cake."