Pimiento-Stuffed Olive Bread
Salty olives pair well with this bread's cream cheese and chives. Even folks who normally avoid olives can't resist slices of this colorful bread.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl,
- whisk egg and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in the Swiss cheese, olives and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and chives. Serve with bread.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 238 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.