Pimiento Potato Salad
"A neighbor shared the recipe for this easy overnight salad," reports Dora Ledford of Rockwall, Texas. Tender potatoes and crunchy celery get refreshing flavor from a bottle of Italian dressing.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (about 12), cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- dish, layer half of the potatoes, onions, celery and pimientos.
- Repeat layers. Pour dressing over all. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 65 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.