Pimiento Green Beans Recipe
Here's an easy way to turn everyday green beans into a special side dish. Pimientos, Parmesan cheese and chicken broth add savory flavor and a dash of color.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring beans, broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir in the pimientos, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 40 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pimiento Green Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC