Pimiento Green Beans
Here's an easy way to turn everyday green beans into a special side dish. Pimientos, Parmesan cheese and chicken broth add savory flavor and a dash of color.
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring beans, broth and onion to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Stir in the pimientos, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 40 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.