Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms Recipe
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke bottoms, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cooked bacon strips, chopped, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1. Cut a thin layer from bottom of artichokes to level if necessary. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, pimientos, mayonnaise, half of the bacon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 2. Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each artichoke; top with remaining bacon. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 stuffed artichoke: 60 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I have pretty much only eaten artichokes in dips before, but serving them this way was really fun."