Pimiento Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1. Cook brussels sprouts according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid; keep sprouts warm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the vinegar, tarragon, salt and reserved cooking liquid. Pour over sprouts and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pimientos. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pimiento Brussels Sprouts
"I learned a long time ago from my grandmother to never, ever, boil Brussels Sprouts because it gives them a bitter taste. Put a cross in the botom to allow flavors to get to the center of the sprout and then steam them till tender then finish the recipe. I also used fresh sprouts in this recipe because they were in season but I've used frozen sprouts before and gotten almost the same taste in other recipes."
"I also added and melted some Cheddar Cheese to this recipe . DELICIOUS"