- 4-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, eggs, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes (dough will be sticky). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pillow-Soft Dinner Rolls
Sort By :
"Always complimented love it"
"I loved this recipe. It makes a nice, soft, and very tasty roll. My husband loved these, as did I."
"down right easy for the lazy and the not so lazy"
"I followed the recipe, and because of its size, i was able to mix the dough in my stand mixer with a dough hook (saved my carpal tunnel from acting up!!!). They rise beautifully, smell amazing, and taste even better. thank you so much for sharing this recipe :) A+++++"
"soft as a pillow"