Pillow Potato Biscuits
I developed this recipe one evening while making "ordinary" biscuits. I had half a cup of potato flakes left in the box and I just added them to the dough. The biscuits came out of the oven as light and airy as pillows!
12-18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Milk for biscuit tops, optional
- In a bowl, combine the potato flakes, sugar, butter and hot water.
- Add cold water and biscuit mix, stirring until well-blended. Add
- more cold water if necessary to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll dough to
- 1/2-in. to 3/4-in.-thickness; cut with 2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with milk if desired. Bake
- at 450° for 13-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield:
- 12-18 biscuits, depending on thickness and size.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 100 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.