Pillow Potato Biscuits Recipe
I developed this recipe one evening while making "ordinary" biscuits. I had half a cup of potato flakes left in the box and I just added them to the dough. The biscuits came out of the oven as light and airy as pillows!
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 cups Bisquick® mix
- Milk for biscuit tops, optional
- In a bowl, combine the potato flakes, sugar, butter and hot water. Add cold water and biscuit mix, stirring until well-blended. Add more cold water if necessary to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll dough to 1/2-in. to 3/4-in.-thickness; cut with 2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with milk if desired. Bake at 450° for 13-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12-18 biscuits, depending on thickness and size.
Originally published as Pillow Potato Biscuits in Country August/September 1990, p51
Reviews for Pillow Potato Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review