With a pleasant pumpkin flavor, caramel and almonds, this rich and creamy pudding from our Test Kitchen tastes decadent, but it's surprisingly light.
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pumpkin. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- Spoon into two dessert dishes. Garnish with remaining whipped topping; drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pilgrim Pudding in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p13
Reviews for Pilgrim Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2009
"I loved this pudding and have made it several times. Both my neighbors have also made it and loved it."