Pilgrim Pudding Recipe
With a pleasant pumpkin flavor, caramel and almonds, this rich and creamy pudding from our Test Kitchen tastes decadent, but it's surprisingly light.
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine milk and pumpkin. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- 2. Spoon into two dessert dishes. Garnish with remaining whipped topping; drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup equals 117 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC