With a pleasant pumpkin flavor, caramel and almonds, this rich and creamy pudding from our Test Kitchen tastes decadent, but it's surprisingly light.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pumpkin. Add pudding mix; whisk for
- 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or
- until soft-set. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- Spoon into two dessert dishes. Garnish with remaining whipped
- topping; drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 117 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.