Piled-High Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
"The first time I ever had this dish was at the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan," recalls Prue Thompson of Stuart, Florida. "That was back in the 1950s, and this sandwich has been one of my favorites ever since."
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, milk, parsley, chives and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Spread 1 tablespoon over each piece of toast. Top each with turkey, tomato, onion, egg and bacon. Dollop with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 356 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Piled-High Turkey Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC