Piggy Pops Recipe
- 16 large pink and/or white marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 32 double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 32 Popsicle sticks or craft sticks
- 64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon)
- 64 M&M's miniature baking bits (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1. Cut marshmallows into thirds horizontally; cut the center portion of each into four wedges for ears. Roll cut sides of ears in sugar to prevent sticking together. Set ears and remaining portions aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired.
- 3. Twist apart sandwich cookies. Dip the end of a wooden pop stick into melted baking chip mixture and place on a cookie half; replace cookie top. Repeat. Place pops on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- 4. Reheat baking chip mixture if necessary; dip a pop in mixture and allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper-lined baking sheet. While wet, position a marshmallow slice on the cookie for a snout. Add ears on top edge of cookie; hold for a few seconds or until set. Add chocolate chip eyes. Place two baking bits on snout, securing with a dab of baking chip mixture. Repeat. Let stand until set. Yield: 32 pops.
1 each: 184 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Piggy Pops
"Easy and delicious!! Definately will make again."
"i love pigs and i love oreos. best combo!"
"I made 60 for a retiring pig farmer's party. Everyone loved them. Some thought they were too cute to eat! (But most did anyway!) There was a lot of time put in making and wrapping, but was worth the responses! I used mini cherry chips for the nostrils. I wrapped them individually in handiwrap and tied shut with the ribbon."