Piggies in Blankies
Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska presents a pretty platter of franks nestled in sauerkraut and wrapped in tender biscuit blankets. They're easy to assemble and cost a mere 33 cents per "piggy".
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound hot dogs
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough
- forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-10 times. Roll dough
- into a 13-in. circle; cut into 10 wedges.
- Place 1 tablespoon sauerkraut on each wedge. Place a hot dog at the
- wide end; roll up each wedge tightly. Place on an ungreased baking
- Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Heat
- remaining sauerkraut; serve with the hot dogs. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,030 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.