Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska presents a pretty platter of franks nestled in sauerkraut and wrapped in tender biscuit blankets. They're easy to assemble and cost a mere 33 cents per "piggy".
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound hot dogs
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-10 times. Roll dough into a 13-in. circle; cut into 10 wedges.
- Place 1 tablespoon sauerkraut on each wedge. Place a hot dog at the wide end; roll up each wedge tightly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Heat remaining sauerkraut; serve with the hot dogs. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Piggies in Blankies in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p42
Reviews for Piggies in Blankies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review