Pierside Salmon Patties Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups coarsely crushed saltines (about 66 crackers)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, lemon juice, saltines, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in salmon. Shape into twelve 3-in. patties.
- 2. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, dill, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with salmon patties. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 471 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 1444mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Pierside Salmon Patties
"BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS! ABSOLUTELY AWFUL! This has got to be the worst recipe for salmon patties! What a waste of salmon! Will stick to the "fillet/ steak" from now on!"
"I think I will just stick to eating my salmon in "steak" form and forget about making it into patties. Makes me remember why I hated salmon/tuna patties as a kid."
"This has got to be the worst thing I have ever eaten. Ugghhhh!!!!!! Gross"
"The recipe description originally mentioned a lemon dill sauce. The recipe is correct as published without any lemon in the sauce. We appologize for the error, it will be corrected here soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"I made these salmon patties to freeze for individual dinners for my husband to take to work. Mine did not look like the picture, I think like the other reviewer- if I would have coated them in panko crumbs they would have resembled the photo more. I havent gotten the rating from my hubby but because its salmon I am sure he will enjoy. easy to freeze individually and then place frozen patties in large freezer bag, removing as you need them."
"I made a 1/2 portion and they turned out well. They were tender but needed a little more flavour, for my tastes. I might add a little fresh ginger or garlic to the patties next time. I made my own tartar sauce but found when I topped them instead with a little of the coleslaw that I had brought in my lunch, they perked right up. I did it on a whim but plan on doing that the next time - it was different & yummy!"
"This recipe is great. I love salmon. The only change that I made was to make the patties and roll (or pat) them in panko bread crumbs before cooking. They get really crunchy like my family likes."
"Why in the world would anyone rate a recipe when they haven't even tried it? This recipe is excellant!"
"I love salmon and these patties are delicious!"
"Although I haven't made this recipe yet, it sounds delicious & I will try it soon. My 94 year old mother makes salmon patties for some of us when we're visiting her. All my family like salmon patties. It's good that salmon is a healthy choice! The lemon in the salmon patty mix is a nice addition. Why would you not give a recipe a good rating if you haven't even tried it?"
"actually I did not try this recipe - how can it be lemony dill sauce with no lemon in the sauce? Was thinking maybe something else was also left out of this recipe!"
"my family love salmon patties"