Pierogi Pasta Shells Recipe
- 51 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 3 packages (24 ounces each) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place mashed potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once. Add the minced onion, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir in 2 cups of cheese until blended.
- Stuff into shells. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 17 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pierogi Pasta Shells(20)
Sort By :
very good...just did not reheat well for me
My husband and I thought these were very good. We used instant garlic mashed potatoes and melted cheddar in with them. I then thinly sliced an onion and sauted in butter poured over the top and baked as directed...my only complaint is the shells were dry...is there any way to reheat these without them drying out?
This is a family favorite.
A good recipe that the whole family enjoys!
I have mad ethis many times, but I use fried up onions and garlic and add them to the potato mix. Stuff them set aside, Brown up another onion, and gently stir them with the stuffed shells. I cover and bake for 20 minutes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >