Pierogi Pasta Shells Recipe
- 51 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 3 packages (24 ounces each) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place mashed potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once. Add the minced onion, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir in 2 cups of cheese until blended.
- Stuff into shells. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 17 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pierogi Pasta Shells
Sort By :
"I am planning on trying these with our July fourth celebration. I'm going to try pouring cream of mushroom soup in to help keep the pasta from drying out!"
"very good...just did not reheat well for me"
"My husband and I thought these were very good. We used instant garlic mashed potatoes and melted cheddar in with them. I then thinly sliced an onion and sauted in butter poured over the top and baked as directed...my only complaint is the shells were dry...is there any way to reheat these without them drying out?"
"This is a family favorite."
"A good recipe that the whole family enjoys!"