My family loves perogies, so I decided to create my own version. I took these to a Christmas party and they won rave reviews. When we left the party, I took home an empty pan—not a crumb to be found. —Kim Wallace, Dover, Ohio
- 51 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 3 packages (24 ounces each) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place mashed potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once. Add the minced onion, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir in 2 cups of cheese until blended.
- Stuff into shells. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 17 servings.
Originally published as Pierogi Pasta Shells in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p42
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pierogi Pasta Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review