Pierogi Chicken Supper Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pierogies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pierogies according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken and onion until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat; saute pierogies until lightly browned. Stir in chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; remove from heat and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 444 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Pierogi Chicken Supper
"We absolutely love this recipe and have made it many times. It is so easy. It is a little heavy, but worth it"
"This is a great recipe! I used 2 packages of the mini pierogies and didn't add the cheese. I also made a few other changes I used Market Day "A Salt For All Seasonings" to season the chicken vs. the Salt & Pepper. I also cooked the chicken in about 1/4 cup of White Cooking Wine or you could use chicken Broth and then added a can of Cream of chicken Soup for a nice sauce. If it's too thick just add a little milk. It turned out great and everyone in my family loved it."
"My husband and 3 kiddos all loved this recipe. I did not add the cheese, but did add a can of mushroom soup and a little sour cream to give it a nice sauce. SO GOOD! Thanks for a great base recipe to jump from. :)"
"My husband loved this recipe and told me I can make it anytime. I did add a little bacon to it, but otherwise did the recipe as stated."
"This is really good, but actually tastes better without the cheese on top."