Pierogi Chicken Supper
This change-of-pace dish combines chicken, cheese and onion with frozen pierogies for a complete meal. From Barbara Scott, Walkersville, Maryland, the satisfying skillet supper takes just 30 minutes to get on the table.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pierogies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken
- juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Drain pierogies; add to skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly
- browned. Return chicken mixture to the pan. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for
- 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 430 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.