Pierogi Chicken Supper Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pierogies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pierogies according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken and onion until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat; saute pierogies until lightly browned. Stir in chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; remove from heat and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 444 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Pierogi Chicken Supper
"Hubby and I both loved this dish!! Delicious and so easy to put together on a weeknight! The only change I made was a little extra butter and I used garlic."
"We absolutely love this recipe and have made it many times. It is so easy. It is a little heavy, but worth it"
"This is a great recipe! I used 2 packages of the mini pierogies and didn't add the cheese. I also made a few other changes I used Market Day "A Salt For All Seasonings" to season the chicken vs. the Salt & Pepper. I also cooked the chicken in about 1/4 cup of White Cooking Wine or you could use chicken Broth and then added a can of Cream of chicken soup for a nice sauce. If it's too thick just add a little milk. It turned out great and everyone in my family loved it."
"My husband and 3 kiddos all loved this recipe. I did not add the cheese, but did add a can of mushroom soup and a little sour cream to give it a nice sauce. SO GOOD! Thanks for a great base recipe to jump from. :)"
"My husband loved this recipe and told me I can make it anytime. I did add a little bacon to it, but otherwise did the recipe as stated."
"This is really good, but actually tastes better without the cheese on top."