- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pierogies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Drain pierogies; add to skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Return chicken mixture to the pan. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pierogi Chicken Supper
Sort By :
"We absolutely love this recipe and have made it many times. It is so easy. It is a little heavy, but worth it"
"This is a great recipe! I used 2 packages of the mini pierogies and didn't add the cheese. I also made a few other changes I used Market Day "A Salt For All Seasonings" to season the chicken vs. the Salt & Pepper. I also cooked the chicken in about 1/4 cup of White Cooking Wine or you could use Chicken Broth and then added a can of Cream of Chicken Soup for a nice sauce. If it's too thick just add a little milk. It turned out great and everyone in my family loved it."
"My husband and 3 kiddos all loved this recipe. I did not add the cheese, but did add a can of mushroom soup and a little sour cream to give it a nice sauce. SO GOOD! Thanks for a great base recipe to jump from. :)"
"My husband loved this recipe and told me I can make it anytime. I did add a little bacon to it, but otherwise did the recipe as stated."
"This is really good, but actually tastes better without the cheese on top."