This change-of-pace dish combines chicken, cheese and onion with frozen pierogies for a complete meal. From Barbara Scott, Walkersville, Maryland, the satisfying skillet supper takes just 30 minutes to get on the table.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pierogies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Drain pierogies; add to skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Return chicken mixture to the pan. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pierogi Chicken Supper in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p13
Reviews for Pierogi Chicken Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review