- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese and potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and drippings; stir until blended. Gradually add beef broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the pierogies, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pierogi Beef Skillet(17)
Sort By :
I really enjoyed this dinner. I grew up on pierogis and we use to just put butter on them. I like finding recipes that use other things to top the pieorgis. This was comfort food for me! I don't think I would change a thing on the recipes. Will be making this again, it was very easy!
Rating this recipe *4* stars, since will need to make adjustment. Have no beef broth in pantry (used up last can Friday), so will sub. chicken broth. Do you think chicken would make a significant difference in taste? I'm sure hoping it doesn't. Have no instant in to nmake broth, either.
Quick, easy, delicious, flexible. We used 2 - 12 oz packages of mini pierogies and increased the amount of broth a bit. It was awesome!
I have made this twice in the past month. Our family loves it. (I use the mini pierogies also) It is super easy and tastes delicious. Thanks for this awesome recipe!!
I love pierogies and mixed veggies so this recipe is awesome! It is so well liked that even my husband will make this on his own!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >