- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese and potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and drippings; stir until blended. Gradually add beef broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the pierogies, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pierogi Beef Skillet
Sort By :
"This is really a good meal that is quick to make after coming home from a long work day. I didn't have mixed veggies on hand so just used frozen peas and also added some fresh mushrooms. I feel I should not give a 5 star rating since I didn't make the recipe as written but I would give it a 5 star with my changes. I will make again and use ingredients I have on hand..or follow the recipe as written. Can't go wrong either way! Very good the next day as well!!"
"So good. Made this tonight and it is a real comfort meal. My swaps were using potato and onion pierogi, and frozen corn and french style green beans. Definitely a keeper."
"Very tasty and quick and easy to make. I'll definitely be making again"
"Delicious! My husband and I loved it so much. The only thing I changed is not to add the cheese and I used just potato pierogis cause I don't like cheese of any kind. I will definitely make this again and again! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!"
"My husband just loves this meal. It is a quick take on Shepherd's Pie."