Pierogi Beef Skillet
Hearty and thick with beef, veggies and potatoes, this is a complete meal in one. Taste of Home Test Kitchen - Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese and potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and drippings; stir until blended. Gradually
- add beef broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- Stir in the pierogies, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, uncovered,
- for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 674 calories, 32 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,384 mg sodium,