Pierogi Beef Skillet Recipe
Hearty and thick with beef, veggies and potatoes, this is a complete meal in one. Taste of Home Test Kitchen - Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese and potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. Sprinkle flour over beef and drippings; stir until blended. Gradually add beef broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in the pierogies, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cups equals 674 calories, 32 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,384 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC