Picnic Zucchini Bean Salad
This is one of my newest recipes (I trade salad recipes with my husband's aunt in Nebraska). I've found that it's a pretty salad and easy to pack up for picnics in hot weather.
7 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 4
- hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.