Picnic Vegetable Salad Recipe
“I take this salad to my husband’s company picnic and never have any leftovers—just a lot of requests for the recipe!" says Diana Porter of Pelion, South Carolina. "You can make it a day ahead for convenience…and adding diced chicken and cooked pasta turns it into an easy meal.”
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red pepper, cut into chunks
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Greek vinaigrette
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, caulifloweretes, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green onions and olives. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 18 servings.
3/4 cup equals 147 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC