“I take this salad to my husband’s company picnic and never have any leftovers—just a lot of requests for the recipe!" says Diana Porter of Pelion, South Carolina. "You can make it a day ahead for convenience…and adding diced chicken and cooked pasta turns it into an easy meal.”
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red pepper, cut into chunks
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Greek vinaigrette
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, caulifloweretes, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green onions and olives. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Vegetable Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p12
Reviews for Picnic Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review