- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Add the apples, bacon, onion, parsley, salt and pepper to the potatoes. In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Picnic Sweet Potato Salad
Sort By :
I used precooked real bacon pieces and extra-virgin olive oil. I added sliced roasted sweet peppers. This was delicious-Thank You!
This was terrible. We were supposed to go to a pot luck supper but we went out to eat because we would have been embarrassed to take this dish. It was bland and oily. There was nothing I could think of to improve it. It ended up in the garbage. This was the worst Taste of Home recipe i have ever tried.
Absolutely love this salad! It's great to take to get-togethers. Everyone raves about it!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Potato Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >