Picnic Slaw Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine dressing ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Picnic Slaw(8)
Sort By :
This may be the best cole slaw I've ever made. I used a bag of coleslaw mix. Also, I just mixed the dressing ingredients together (I did not use a blender). Wonderful!
Very delicious. Much better than ordinary coleslaw.
This was excellent!
my family loves this quick homemade slaw! I also use a pre-shredded bag of coleslaw & it turns out perfect everytime!!
I've used this recipe this it was published in 1996 and love it. It always turns out the same. However, to make it even easier I use a bag of already prepared coleslaw instead of shredding it myself. It saves so much time.