Picnic Rice Salad Recipe
My husband has grown rice, soybeans, cotton and maize on our farm, located on the Gulf Coast of Texas. I've tried to fix rice in many different ways to promote the rice industry. This is one of our favorite dishes.
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Fold into the rice mixture. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 301 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 854 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC