Picnic Rice Salad Recipe
My husband has grown rice, soybeans, cotton and maize on our farm, located on the Gulf Coast of Texas. I've tried to fix rice in many different ways to promote the rice industry. This is one of our favorite dishes.
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Fold into the rice mixture. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Rice Salad in Country Extra September 2000, p49
Reviews for Picnic Rice Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2010
I have made this and it's easy and very good . Will be making it again.