Picnic Potatoes Recipe
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Minced chives
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; mash (do not add milk, butter or seasoning). Stir in salad dressing. Add the cheese, salt, pepper and half of the bacon.
- 3. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chives and remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 547 calories, 37g fat (11g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Picnic Potatoes
"Tasty...my kids especially liked it!"
"my family love it."
"A big hit!!!"
"My family LOVED these potatoes. I made according to the directions, no additions or ingredient changes. I marked as a favorite and will make them again for sure. A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing this!"
"Well another hit out of the park! My family of pickey eaters loved this one too. Though I didn't add the cheese, I told you they were pickey. :)"