We love potatoes, so I'm always searching for new ways to make them. I came up with this recipe as a change of pace from the usual baked potatoes. This dish travels well to a picnic or other gathering.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl; mash (do not add milk, butter or
- seasoning). Stir in salad dressing. Add the cheese, salt, pepper and
- half of the bacon.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- chives and remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: If a decorative edge is desired, spread all but 2 cups of the prepared potato mixture into baking dish. Using a pastry bag and large tip, pipe the reserved mixture around the edge of the dish.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 547 calories,