Picnic Potatoes Recipe
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Minced chives
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; mash (do not add milk, butter or seasoning). Stir in salad dressing. Add the cheese, salt, pepper and half of the bacon.
- 3. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chives and remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: If a decorative edge is desired, spread all but 2 cups of the prepared potato mixture into baking dish. Using a pastry bag and large tip, pipe the reserved mixture around the edge of the dish.
1 each: 547 calories, 37g fat (11g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Picnic Potatoes
"Tasty...my kids especially liked it!"
"my family love it."
"A big hit!!!"
"My family LOVED these potatoes. I made according to the directions, no additions or ingredient changes. I marked as a favorite and will make them again for sure. A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing this!"
"Well another hit out of the park! My family of pickey eaters loved this one too. Though I didn't add the cheese, I told you they were pickey. :)"