Picnic Potatoes Recipe
We love potatoes, so I'm always searching for new ways to make them. I came up with this recipe as a change of pace from the usual baked potatoes. This dish travels well to a picnic or other gathering.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Minced chives
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; mash (do not add milk, butter or seasoning). Stir in salad dressing. Add the cheese, salt, pepper and half of the bacon.
- 3. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chives and remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 547 calories, 37 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC