Picnic Potato Salad Recipe
The Red River Valley near where my family lives is a prime growing area for potatoes. They request this recipe not only in summer, but year-round.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1/2 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and sugar
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; cut into cubes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes with the cucumber, broccoli, celery and eggs. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and gently toss. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 324 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Picnic Potato Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC