Picnic Potato Salad Recipe
The Red River Valley near where my family lives is a prime growing area for potatoes. They request this recipe not only in summer, but year-round.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1/2 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and sugar
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with the cucumber, broccoli, celery and eggs. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and gently toss. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Potato Salad in Country June/July 1995, p51
Reviews for Picnic Potato Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review