Picnic Potato Chip Chicken
This crunchy chicken could always be found in the picnic basket Mom took to potlucks. For a little variety, try coating with barbecue-flavored potato chips.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups crushed ridged potato chips (any flavor)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine potato chips and garlic powder. Dip
- chicken pieces in butter, then roll in potato chip mixture. Place in
- a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with any
- remaining butter and coating.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (10 ounces) equals 858 calories, 62 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.