This crunchy chicken could always be found in the picnic basket Mom took to potlucks. For a little variety, try coating with barbecue-flavored potato chips.
- 3 cups crushed ridged potato chips (any flavor)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine potato chips and garlic powder. Dip chicken pieces in butter, then roll in potato chip mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with any remaining butter and coating.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Potato Chip Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Picnic Potato Chip Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2012
"It was simple and easy. It was delicious."